One of the most famous badminton players in the world i.e., Tan Aik Mong, has left us on May 31 at the age of 70. Saying goodbyes are one of the most difficult tasks of our life, and some people can’t even say it. He is one of the best players in Malaysia, and he has huge popularity, especially there. Whenever a person leaves you and has a strong bond with them, you can realize how bad it feels.
Tan Aik Mong has a wide number of fans who respect him and pray for him when he went for his badminton matches. The strongest shock was caused to his fans, who see him as their ideal and finds him as their strength. Every individual connected to him felt so bad, and some people lose their hopes when they listened to his death. He is so famous as most of the players started playing badminton just because of this person.
If you want more information about this famous badminton player, then you can consider the below information. Here you will able to understand the various aspects of his life.
Tan Aik Mong was known as a gentle giant in badminton due to his unique moves and famous playing style. He lost his life by fighting against cancer as he has cancer in his liver, which makes him weak and leads him to death.
- Aik Mong and his elder brother Tan Aik Huang both are the famous badminton players who are the All England Champions. They lived with their household names from the 1960s to 1970s.
- The Penangite is a single as well as a doubles player in a national team from the time period of 1966 to 1975. He is such a great player of badminton who has a gold heart and always stays ready to help others.
- He first represented Malaysia in the year of 1972 in the Thomas Cup Finals and also won the 1971 Asian championship. He also won medals in two SEO games, which help him to become more popular throughout the world.
- He also has a national coach, having trained the Sidek brothers named Misbun, Jalani, and Razif in the 1980s.
- He graduated from the University of Malaysia and earned two degrees, which helped him to get a job in various companies. He has knowledge of information technology and also served as a system analyst and was a computer manager in two companies.
- His love for badminton was so high, even in 2013 also when he was at the age of 63.
With the help of the above information, you will understand the life history of such a famous badminton giant who has left us. It’s hard to say goodbyes, but after reading the above information, you might get some strength and motivation. The fans of this badminton legend will be very happy after knowing about his life history.